This is the full list of all pages and blog posts on this website. Enjoy.
- 1st “With a little help from my friends” Workshop
- A PTA Primer
- All pages
- AstroBicocca calendar
- Balls in many dimensions
- Bibbase publication list
- Black-hole binary inspiral: a precession-averaged approach
- Core collapse in scalar-tensor theories
- Farewell SVN, I’m a GIT guy now!
- filltex: automagically fill LaTex bibliography
- Generalized chip
- Github actions for latex
- gwdet: Detectability of gravitational-wave signals from compact binary coalescences
- HopBham workshop
- Local browser from a remote server
- My notes to install the LIGO Algorithm Libray (lal)
- On the shoulders of giants
- pdetclassifier: Gravitational-wave selection effects using neural-network
- Precession: Dynamics of spinning black-hole binaries with python
- Python modules for gravitational-wave research
- Research data
- Sample Page
- skywalker: things I like in python
- Some group secrets
- spops: Spinning black-hole binary Population Synthesis
- Study group: stellar-mass black-hole binaries in AGN disks
- Surrkick: Black-hole kicks from numerical-relativity surrogate models
- The best way to install Python
- The simplest rocket ever
- Tweets from Bham
- What’s up at Bham
- Let’s PRIN!
- One to many: comparing single gravitational-wave events to astrophysical populations
- QLUSTER: quick clusters of merging binary black holes
- Parameter estimation of binary black holes in the endpoint of the up-down instability
- Efficient multi-timescale dynamics of precessing black-hole binaries
- Inferring, not just detecting: metrics for high-redshift sources observed with third-generation gravitational-wave detectors
- PhD positions in gravitational-wave astronomy at Milano-Bicocca
- Spring graduations!
- Astrostats is back
- We should learn from our students: LISA and beyond
- Gravitational-wave populations: what’s next?
- New year, new friend
- Two more graduations today!
- Eccentricity or spin precession? Distinguishing subdominant effects in gravitational-wave data
- The Bardeen-Petterson effect, disk breaking, and the spin orientations of supermassive black-hole binaries
- Here are the new gravitational wave astronomers!
- Late 2022 visitors: we’re alive!
- The group gets larger
- Postdoctoral fellowships in gravitational-wave astronomy at Milano-Bicocca (Italy)
- Andrea and Oliver are the new black-hole experts in town!
- Job opportunities for Marie Curie past holders and applicants
- Italy has a brand new Center for Supercomputing (ICSC)… and we’re on it!
- Characterization of merging black holes with two precessing spins
- New summer means new summer projects
- Which black hole formed first? Mass-ratio reversal in massive binary stars from gravitational-wave data
- New horizons for fundamental physics with LISA
- PhD in gravitational physics!
- Long-term research appointment in computational astrophysics at Milano-Bicocca (Italy)
- Got an ISCRA-B supercomputer allocation!
- “With a little help from my friends” Workshop at JHU
- The last three years: multiband gravitational-wave observations of stellar-mass binary black hole
- Constraining black-hole binary spin precession and nutation with sequential prior conditioning
- Astrophysics with the Laser Interferometer Space Antenna
- Deep learning and Bayesian inference of gravitational-wave populations: hierarchical black-hole mergers
- New class! Astrostatistics
- Congrats Cecilia!
- The irreducible mass of LIGO’s black holes
- People visiting
- Cariplo Foundation Grant
- The Bardeen-Petterson effect in accreting supermassive black-hole binaries: disc breaking and critical obliquity
- Gravitational-wave population inference at past time infinity
- Nate is joining us!
- Postdoctoral fellowships in gravitational-wave astronomy at Milan-Bicocca (Italy)
- Welcome Viola!
- SIGRAV Prize for Young Researchers
- Moving (back to) Milan!
- Population-informed priors in gravitational-wave astronomy
- Well done Max!
- Settimana dell’astronomia 2021
- Modeling the outcome of supernova explosions in binary population synthesis using the stellar compactness
- A new IREU friend from Missouri
- Bayesian parameter estimation of stellar-mass black-hole binaries with LISA
- Looking for the parents of LIGO’s black holes
- Come to Milan for a PhD!
- Hierarchical mergers of stellar-mass black holes and their gravitational-wave signatures
- High mass but low spin: an exclusion region to rule out hierarchical black-hole mergers as a mechanism to populate the pair-instability mass gap
- Testing general relativity with gravitational-wave catalogs: the insidious nature of waveform systematics.
- Group study on BH binaries in AGN disks
- A taxonomy of black-hole binary spin precession and nutation
- Eccentric binary black hole surrogate models for the gravitational waveform and remnant properties: comparable mass, nonspinning case
- Up-down instability of binary black holes in numerical relativity
- A generalized precession parameter chi_p to interpret gravitational-wave data
- Nicola joins the band
- Inferring the properties of a population of compact binaries in presence of selection effects
- Lincei National Academy prize
- ERC Starting Grant
- Daria’s PhD adventure starts here
- Congrats to MSc students
- Structure of neutron stars in massive scalar-tensor gravity
- Gravitational-wave selection effects using neural-network classifiers
- Massive black hole binary inspiral and spin evolution in a cosmological framework
- Core collapse in massive scalar-tensor gravity
- Astrophysical implications of GW190412 as a remnant of a previous black-hole merger
- Mapping the asymptotic inspiral of precessing binary black holes to their merger remnants
- The Bardeen-Petterson effect in accreting supermassive black-hole binaries: a systematic approach
- The mass gap, the spin gap, and the origin of merging binary black holes
- IUPAP General Relativity and Gravitation Young Scientist Prize
- Endpoint of the up-down instability in precessing binary black holes
- Milky Way satellites shining bright in gravitational waves
- Populations of double white dwarfs in Milky Way satellites and their detectability with LISA
- Prospects for fundamental physics with LISA
- Postdoc positions in our group
- Leverhulme Trust grant
- “Hitting this problem hard enough” on Scientific American
- ESA Voyage 2050
- PhD applications now open!
- GrEAT PhD winter school
- Winter visitors
- Amplification of superkicks in black-hole binaries through orbital eccentricity
- Welcome Matt!
- Machine-learning interpolation of population-synthesis simulations to interpret gravitational-wave observations: a case study
- Black holes in the low mass gap: Implications for gravitational wave observations
- Summer research fun
- Escape speed of stellar clusters from multiple-generation black-hole mergers in the upper mass gap
- Gravitational-wave detection rates for compact binaries formed in isolation: LIGO/Virgo O3 and beyond.
- Are stellar-mass black-hole binaries too quiet for LISA?
- Constraining the fraction of binary black holes formed in isolation and young star clusters with gravitational-wave data
- Surrogate models for precessing binary black hole simulations with unequal masses
- Bham, here I come
- Multiband gravitational-wave event rates and stellar physics
- COST comes to California!
- The binary black hole explorer: on-the-fly visualizations of precessing binary black holes
- Wide nutation: binary black-hole spins repeatedly oscillating from full alignment to full anti-alignment
- High-accuracy mass, spin, and recoil predictions of generic black-hole merger remnants
- Frequency-domain waveform approximants capturing Doppler shifts
- Giulio Rampa thesis prize
- Spin orientations of merging black holes formed from the evolution of stellar binaries
- Optimizing LIGO with LISA forewarnings to improve black-hole spectroscopy
- Mining gravitational-wave catalogs to understand binary stellar evolution: a new hierarchical bayesian framework.
- Numerical Relativity beyond General Relativity
- Black holes, gravitational waves and fundamental physics: a roadmap
- Gravitational-wave astrophysics with effective-spin measurements: asymmetries and selection biases
- 34th Pacific Coast Gravity Meeting
- Black-hole kicks from numerical-relativity surrogate models
- Reanalysis of LIGO black-hole coalescences with alternative prior assumptions
- Surprises from the spins: astrophysics and relativity with detections of spinning black-hole mergers
- Explaining LIGO’s observations via isolated binary evolution with natal kicks
- Long-lived inverse chirp signals from core collapse in massive scalar-tensor gravity
- Impact of Bayesian priors on the characterization of binary black hole coalescences
- Stefano Braccini thesis prize
- The evolutionary roads leading to low effective spins, high black hole masses, and O1/O2 rates of LIGO/Virgo binary black holes.
- The disc migration issue: from protoplanets to supermassive black holes
- Nutational resonances, transitional precession, and precession-averaged evolution in binary black-hole systems
- Inferences about supernova physics from gravitational-wave measurements: GW151226 spin misalignment as an indicator of strong black-hole natal kicks
- filltex: Automatic queries to ADS and INSPIRE databases to fill LaTex bibliography
- Are merging black holes born from stellar collapse or previous mergers?
- On the equal-mass limit of precessing black-hole binaries
- Cambridge TV interview
- Black-hole kicks as new gravitational-wave observables
- PRECESSION: Dynamics of spinning black-hole binaries with python
- NASA Einstein Fellowhip
- Numerical simulations of stellar collapse in scalar-tensor theories of gravity
- Distinguishing black-hole spin-orbit resonances by their gravitational wave signatures. II: Full parameter estimation
- The birth of an idea
- Precessional instability in binary black holes with aligned spins
- Multi-timescale analysis of phase transitions in precessing black-hole binaries
- Tensor-multi-scalar theories: relativistic stars and 3+1 decomposition
- Spin alignment and differential accretion in merging black hole binaries
- Testing general relativity with present and future astrophysical observations.
- Effective potentials and morphological transitions for binary black-hole spin precession
- Rival families: waveforms from resonant black-hole binaries as probes of their astrophysical formation history
- Missing black holes in brightest cluster galaxies as evidence for the occurrence of superkicks in nature
- Distinguishing black-hole spin-orbit resonances by their gravitational-wave signatures
- Resonant-plane locking and spin alignment in stellar-mass black-hole binaries: a diagnostic of compact-binary formation
- Black hole mergers: do gas discs lead to spin alignment?